Roses are redheads...

A blog about my life as the mother of a redheaded angel, a wife, a young woman in the corporate world, an entrepreneur, a college graduate, a singer, a poetry writer, a dreamer, a romantic ... and everything else that makes me unique.

7.06.2005

Seventh wonder of the world

I know that it sounds cliche, but I truly believe that my little redhead is the seventh wonder of the world. As of today she is 2 years, 4 months, 3 days, and 5.5 hours old. And for only being 2 years old, she is amazing. She can sing her ABCs along with anyone (or anything) that sings with her. She can recognize and clearly say all her letters (except K and V which seem to give her some trouble). She can count 1-10 by herself and even recognize them when written. She speaks very clearly and most sentences are 2-3 word sentences. And she melts my heart when she says "Momma, hold me." :o)

I know that all mothers think that their children are geniuses, and I am not saying she is a genius, but I do think that she is gifted. Maybe it is just being a proud mom, but I know she is smart.

Every day when I come home from work she has learned a new word or a new sentence or a new song. I am teaching her sign language as she learns to talk (some researchers say that children learn to speak English quicker when taught sign language at the same time). Who knows, maybe she will be the next Sandra Day O'Connor or Laura Bush or Mary Higgins Clark or Celine Deon or someone else that is famous. (I forgot to mention that she loves to sing with me and dance to any music that comes on the radio or TV.)

I just hope that I succeed as a mother so that she can succeed as a woman and be whatever she dreams to be (which will change 1000 times in the next 20 years).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home